How to upload file through terminal
In order to upload file to a server through a terminal you should use scp. It is a secure and easy way to manage uploads.
Simple specify file to upload, you server host and path where you want your file to be uploaded:
scp local.txt email@example.com:/var/www
- local.txt is your local file,
- user is your server user (the same as ssh user),
- mysite.com is your server host,
- /var/www is a directory on your server where you want to upload your files.
Consider using simpler alternative to quickly upload and download files between servers/desktops.
- How to upload file to server
- How to encrypt files before upload
- How to upload multiple files
- How to enable upload progress in curl
- How to upload a directory
- How to upload file through terminal
- How to append text content to uploaded file
- How to update uploaded file with new content
- How to upload file from one server to another
- How to upload file from desktop to server
- How to upload file from mobile to server